Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Magnolia A Wilting Flower by B. J. Robinson


Magnolia Jane Russell is the story of a young girl who lost her daddy on Christmas Day when she was four. Her mother struggles to rear her when she's left a twenty-five-year old widow she doesn’t' want to be. Magnolia faces peer pressure in school and being made to feel that she's not college material. Will she make one dream in her life come true even though she discovers life is no fairy tale?

Journey to a simpler time in life under the shade of an old pecan tree when Jack's cookies and Coca Colas were only a nickel. Attend a school dance with Magnolia in the gym where Pistol Pete was filmed and where he played basketball. Know Magnolia personally before the end of the prologue. Won 2002 Florida Palm Literary Award and trophy. Autobiographical novel. New Release. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FH06MB4
Short excerpt. See more inside of the book at Amazon.

Before I was old enough to read, Momma had me hooked on fairy tales. She bought a new one for me each month out of the small social-security check she received after my father's death. She rocked me to sleep reading my favorite ones each night. I loved The Glass Mountain, Cinderella, and Snow White. I was only four years old when my father died one cold Christmas Day in a charity hospital.

Four years earlier, I'd been born in a charity hospital in New Orleans, Louisiana. We never had much, but I'd not yet realized that. To me, before Daddy died, we had everything.

We lived in a small town on South Third Street in a rambling white apartment house. We only rented, but I didn't realize what that meant at the time. To me, we were rich, for I was rich living in my make-believe world of fairy tales, rich in sunshine and fresh air, swinging in my board-and-rope swing underneath the giant pecan tree in our front yard.

B. J. Robinson writes Southern fiction from Florida where she lives with her husband and pets, a golden cocker spaniel, Sunflower, a golden retriever, Honi, and a shelter cat named Frankie. She's an avid reader and passionate writer. When she's not writing, she's reading and reviewing books.

Buy book here or click on picture to the side. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FH06MB4

 

 

No comments: