Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Monday, September 1, 2008

Golden Corral with Youngest Son

My youngest son and his family evacuated from Louisiana because of Hurricane Gustav. We went to the Golden Corral for breakfast yesterday, his treat. I cooked a shrimp, sausage, and chicken gumbo for dinner.My two grandsons enjoyed swimmng and were not worried about a hurricane. I made a short video clip of them swimming with my flip camera. They brought their little dog with them, and he is hyper. My son watched a movie with us after dinner.

No one wants a hurricane, but at least something good came out of this one, and I got to see my son and grandkids. My youngest daughter was supposed to come with two of my other grandchildren, but she changed her mind and stayed behind.I pray the storm doesn't strengthen, and God forms a protective barrier around all my loved ones who remain in Louisiana, including my oldest son and more grandchildren. May God calm the winds and waters into gentle breezes and drizzle without tornadoes.

As I watch the news, a tornado watch is out and there is rotation. My family is on the bad side of the storm for tornadoes. God, please keep them safe. In Jesus' name I pray, give them all the protection of your front, rear guard, and full coat of armor. Let Jesus guide and direct them through life's journey back home to You. AMEN.

No comments: