Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Riven by Jerry B. Jenkins with The Christian Writers Guild

Paperwork never ends. It seems like it steadily increases from year-to-year and there's a mountain. There's an old saying that woman's work never ends. So it is with teachers' work. The good news is I just finished reading Riven by Jerry B. Jenkins. What a story he told! I'm nearly through with my Christian Writers Guild classes, so mayble I'll find more time for writing once I complete them. I have only three more to go! My writing mentor says I have what it takes, and I pray she's right. I've been reading different books on writing and put my book on a back burner until I complete my writing class and the reading of the writing books. I've finished reading the books and have built a small reference library with them for writing. I've read Writing a Breakout Novel by Donald Maass, Stein on Writing by Sol Stein, An Introduction to Christian Writing by Ethel Herr, and Creating Fiction edited by Julie Checkoway. After reading these fine books, I can spot areas of my writing I need to revise and improve. Jenkin's novel is an excellent one of illustrating how he moves from one scene to another and switches back and forth to keep the reader hooked. He's also not afraid to hurt his characters. I have written three book reviews for his latest novel. One may be found on Amazon, and I think I have one at Barnes and Noble. I read the Left Behind series years ago. Those books really had an impact on me. I feel Riven, which he deems his life's work, will have an impact on many others. If you're a reader who loves great fiction, check out his new novel! I finished it last week. As you can see, I've been busy reading instead of writing lately.

No comments: