Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Friday, July 30, 2010

WHAT I LOVE ABOUT WRITING

What do I love about writing? Though there are many things, what I love the most is the opportunity it presents to reach out and help others. When you've written a story others can identify with, you have the opportunity to touch their lives, their hearts, and their souls. Writing also allows people to get to know each other, who otherwise never would. It allows you to really get to know yourself, because it becomes a process of self-discovery.

Through writing, I have met and shared stories with people from all over the United States and Canada. My family has learned more about me and who I really am as a person. I have even learned more about them. It allows me to share my heart and soul and my life with others. When I find out something I have written has touched another human being, or has helped them in some way, that is the greatest reward of all. I may never be a famous author, but I am a published one, who knows the feeling, the joy, and the reward of receiving this gift from God.

Writing is what I do because it's a part of me, and I thank God for the gift, the ability, and the benefits it brings every day, not monetary benefits, but people benefits. It is my way of reaching out to others and sharing my life experiences with them. If I only wrote for the money, I wouldn’t be writing. I love the feeling of knowing that somewhere someone may pick up something I wrote and learn about the personal relationship I share with God. Perhaps, they, too, will find the missing link in their lives and come to share that same productive relationship. For me, that is what writing is all about, and it brings joy to my soul.

I want to write to bring joy, hope, peace, faith, love, and life to others. The masses of people who really need to learn more about Jesus and the gift of eternal life may never be reached through a Sunday sermon. Just as Jesus used the art of storytelling, writers may reach lost sheep by following His example. If I can help just one discover Jesus, I will have made a big difference with my writing for another human being.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting reading - especially the post about your WIP. I want to know more about Hope, her grandmother, and Carr.

B. J. Robinson said...

Thanks. That was intended to be my next WIP, and I'm glad you're interested. I'm finishing True Hidden Treasures first, and I've come up with another idea, after I've completed it. I'll have to see which one I decide to go with first :) Blessings, Barb

Dolores Ayotte said...

Hi Barb,
At last I'm getting your blog feed. I signed up ages ago but now I'm receiving it along with the others I follow. I enjoyed visitng your site again. You've got some lovely pictures and I got to see Scotty and some of your other family members. Blessings to you and yours. :)

Heather Mattern said...

Such an encouraging post! I am thrilled to find your blog! I searched for info on Long Ridge (of which I am now an enrolled student) and found your site!

B. J. Robinson said...

Dolores, I'm so glad you can post here now. Thanks for the comments about my family and the pictures.
Blessings,
Barb

B. J. Robinson said...

That Crazy Family,
So glad you found me and to hear that you're a Long Ridge student. I hope you enjoy learning from them as much as I did. I also took classes with the Christian Writers Guild at the same time. I enjoyed my writing classes so very much. Please stay in touch. Blessings,
Barb