Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Novel Last Resort Releases March 1, 2012

I just signed a contract with Desert Breeze Publishing, Inc. and Last Resort, my inspirational romantic suspense novel will release March 1, 2012, and be available on all ereaders. I'll read my own novel on my Nook, a Christmas present from hubby this year.

Those of you who've kept up with my writing know that I've worked long and hard on this novel, three years in fact. Praise God it's going to see the light of day. You'll be able to purchase it through Desert Breeze by clicking on the link above, or through Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble.com, Christianbook.com, and many other online vendors. The great news is it will sell for $5.99, and it's a 79,000 word novel. You'll get your money's worth.

Please sign to follow my blog if you haven't, so you can keep abreast of my other writing and publishing and news about Last Resort. A blurb and a sample chapter will be available nearer to the release date, maybe even a glimpse of the book cover.

"Honoring God's Calling," a story wrote during my first Christian Writers Guild Apprentice class has been published in Together, Fall 2010, and I received a $40 check. This is a church bulletin for a church outreach program in Harrisonburg, VA. I wish to thank my CWG writing mentor, Eva Marie Everson, for encouraging me not to give up on this story. I'd revised it and titled it "The Mechanic," but the revised editions were not selected for publication. Go figure. One of my early drafts made it.

My nonfiction story "Flat Tires: Where's God When You Need Him?" was accepted for publication by Hurray God! It will be publihsed in Hurray God! Hope, Dream, Pray, Believe near the end of 2011. President of Hurray God, Jeanette Sharp bought the story for the anthology, and I signed the contract. These stories were submitted years ago when I took my first Apprentice course with the Christian Writers Guild, so don't give up; keep penning. With this one, the revised edition made it.

I have an author devotional, "Why Write When You Keep Getting Rejections?" in the beautiful book Words to Write By compiled by Robin Bayne. This book is pure inspiration for writers, and I hope my journey shows other writers why they should keep writing. Publishing wheels slowly turn.

Thanks to all of my FB friends and family and my blog guests and followers for taking this journey with me.

No comments: