Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Writing the Christian Romance by Gail Gaymer Martin

Writing the Christian Romance by Gail Gaymer Martin, published by Writers Digest Books, copyright 2008, is eleven nonfiction chapters of direction and guidance for aspiring Christian romance authors. Some of it is very basic, but other parts go into great detail that can only serve to hone a writer's skills and craft when applied. Chapter 7 deals with point of view and Chapter 8 with dialogue, which are usually two issues beginning writers have to hone. There's also a chapter on plotting. I highly recommend this book from a well-known Christian author as a tool for improving one's writing for the Christian romance market, and I wish I'd picked it up earlier. I've highlighted important concepts and marked my copy for use as a writing tool to add to my library of resources. It's available in a beautiful paperback and is worth the price. If you want to succeed in the Christian market, get the Bible for it by a woman who has published many such novels of her own. She's even included examples of a long and short synopsis. I give it five well-deserved stars.

No comments: