Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

A colleague told me about this wonderful book, and I read this YA novel of 13 chapters quickly. I thought I'd never find another novel on par with The Notebook, but this one is close, and I have to give it five stars. It's a heart wringer about two young adults. One is a girl who is considered weird because she carries her Bible around and sits alone in a corner reading it during lunch at school. When the young man she really likes gets around to asking her to the prom she tells him she'll go to the dance with him, but he can't fall in love with her. He had no intentions of doing so, but sometimes things happen that we think couldn't possibly. Could this be one? She's a Christian, and she's not ashamed to show it. She's lost her mother and lives with her father who is the local Baptist preacher. If you haven't tried Nicholas Sparks's YA novels, and you like Christian YA, you'll love this one. If you have a YA and would like to gift her with a book she'll enjoy by an author with a unique writing style, check out A WALK TO REMEMBER. I'm so glad my friend told me about it. I loved it and wouldn't have wanted to miss it. You don't want to either. It's a great, touching read and is available in both paperback and eBook formats.

4 comments:

Christie Jarvis said...

I love Nicolas Sparks and I do have a YA so I am going to check this book out. Thanks!

B. J. Robinson said...

Glad I could help you find a YA by him. I love his writing style. Blessings, BJ

Anonymous said...

Great blog, Barbara! I just joined up and look forward to returning.

B. J. Robinson said...

Hi Diane, thanks for joining my blog. Glad you liked it. Blessings, BJ