Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Interview with June Foster from an RV Office

I'm happy to have June Foster with us today. She's sharing what it's like to be an author who travels in an RV. Both of her books are available at Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble.com, Kobo, Sony, etc.

Please check out Junes Author Page at Amazon and like it. You'll learn more about her there. Thanks. http://www.amazon.com/June-Foster/e/B007ISUMPK/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1344200980&sr=1-2-ent

Tell us about something that has just happened or is about to happen in your life that you would like to share.
Thank you for having me today, BJ. Though I'm not a sweet southern belle like you, I am from Texas.  I can tell you what has just happened. I think you know that my home is on wheels. My husband and I RV full time and I love it. However…... there are drawbacks.  As you know, a writer depends heavily on the internet. Though I have a Sprint air card, it doesn't always work everywhere. We are in a tiny town in Colorado called Coaldale.  When I found I wasn't picking up the internet at all, I panicked and drove my poor husband crazy. Now I'm spending my days in the RV office and using their wifi. The owner even gave me my own table, but the trick is remembering everything I need from my RV. It's worth the hassle of hauling my computer back and forth every day. My husband's doing the cooking. Yea.

What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say? A Hometown Fourth of July is my latest. It is a story based loosely on the real life situation of my husband's brother. The story charts a young adopted man's journey to finding his identity, not in his birthmother but in the Lord. Oops. A little over 30 words.

Tell the readers about your office and how you write best. Well, I never thought I'd be telling you about my temporary office here in the RV park headquarters. There are food items, souvenirs, cold drinks, and DVD's for sale. And behind the counter, the owners have a computer, a phone, and a desk.  Oh yeah. You meant my office in my RV. (smile) My dear husband took the couch out and replaced it with a table and two file cabinets on either side. The upside to this office is my view out my window changes monthly. I write best with quiet which I don't get in the RV or this office.

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series? I'm finishing up Book three in the Bellewood Series, Deliver Us. Give Us This Day came out February 1, As We Forgive will be released September 1 with Desert Breeze, and the final book comes out April 1, 2013.

What books have influenced your writing? I think Plot and Structure by James Scott Bell and Donald Maas's Writing the Breakout Novel have helped me. Fay Lamb, the moderator of Scribes at ACFW, has taught me so much and influenced my writing.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet? Yes, I'd love to meet Latayne Scott and Athol Dickson.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover? Since I don't have much room in my RV, reading ebooks on my Kindle is a god-send.

What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)? I'm reading Dave Bond's A Time to Build published by Desert Breeze. It's in ebook format.

Do you have any advice for other writers? My advice is don't give up and try not to take rejections and criticism personally. Those are a few things I had to learn the hard way.
Below are links for both of June's books through Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Bellewood-Book-One-Give-ebook/dp/B0073NE9KO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1344200800&sr=8-2&keywords=june+foster

http://www.amazon.com/A-Hometown-Fourth-July-ebook/dp/B008GI61GU/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1344200910&sr=1-1&keywords=june+foster

3 comments:

B. J. Robinson said...

June, thanks for your interview and being a guest on my blog. I'm so happy to have you, but honey, I'm no sweet Southern Belle either, though I was reared in the South. And fancy you wanting to meet my favorite summer author, Athol Dickson. I just read his book River Rising this summer and will post a review after your blog, so check back for it. How about that! Blessings for sweet success with both of your novels, June. Beautiful covers as always with Desert Breeze Publishing. Our publishers are tops with their cover artists. BJ

June Foster said...

BJ, This just shows we both have good taste. I'm anxious to read Dickson's Riving Rising next.
Thank you for having me on your lovely blog. I look forward to Friday when you visit mine.

B. J. Robinson said...

I hope you took advantage of the great deal on his book at this time. Glad to have you on my blog. Blessings, BJ