Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Southern Fried Women by Pamela King Cable


Southern Fried Women by Pamela King Cable is a book of short stories that can't help but evoke readers' emotions. I laughed, and I cried. It begins with "Southern Fried Women," which was one of my favorites. "Beach Babies" and "Coal Dust on my Feet" were my two other favorites," sad, but awesome stories. Ms. Cable showcases the South in honesty and realism and for characterization, you'll stumble upon a few swear words, but some stories have none. If you like Southern reads with real Southern flavor, she delivers a book you won't be able to put down. Once I started reading it, I didn't want to do anything else but finish it. Her writing is humorous and real. She knows the South, and her writing shows it, so I had to give the book the five stars it so well deserves. I'm glad I didn't miss this one.

2 comments:

Diane Estrella said...

I had not heard of this author. Thanks for pointing her out and the review. Have a lovely week! :O)

B. J. Robinson said...

Diane, I'm glad you found a new author. I know you'll enjoy this book. I loved it. Blessings, BJ