Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Working on my WIP Again

I took some time off from my own writing to read Riven by Jerry B. Jenkins and other books. This week, I started working on my WIP once again. I'm trying something new with it, and I realize how far I've come in the past year. Eva Marie Everson was my writing mentor with the Christian Writers Guild,and she was so inspiring and encouraging. Last Saturday I was in Tennesse and North Carolina. I've always wanted to visit Tennesse in the fall of the year and this was my first opportunity. The trip was so peaceful and relaxing. The gorgeous fall colors displayed God's creativity. We rode the sky lift in Gatlinburg, and the mountains were so beautiful cloaked in red, orange, and yellow autumn colors. We played Hillybilly Golf and rode backwards up a mountain to get to the course. Sunflower even visited Dollywood with us. She stayed in Doggywood while we were in the theme park, and we had pictures made of her with us. Then, we stayed in Wow! What A Cabin, Aunt Bug's cabin rentals. Talk about an awe-inspiring mountain view. We had the best from the deck and from the living room window. This was my first time renting a cabin in Tennesse, but we'd always wanted to. Finally, we did it! I came back feeling renewed and refreshed and ready to write. So, I started reworking my WIP, and I'm making progress.

Then, I had a phone call and found out my youngest son was in an accident on Wednesday. An SUV shoved the vehicle he was riding in into a tow truck and put the trunk in the back seat. Thank God he wasn't killed. He is battling back and neck problems, but he's alive and still here with us. He has a wife and two young sons who are looking forward to Christmas with him, and I'm looking forward to seeing him in December. We live over 700 miles apart and only get to see each other a couple of times each year, usually during the summer and at Christmas. The same is true of my other three children. My daughter who lived in Vegas moved back home, so now they're all together, and I get to see them all when I go visit. Thank God for bringing her back to her family.

This is the son I wrote an article about last November and had hoped to see it published, but it hasn't made it. I've reworked it. I need to resubmit, but I haven't. At least, he read it and knows how I feel about him. Thank God for that.

I'm hearing of so many people who're getting into bad accidents lately. Please slow down and drive carefully with the holidays coming. There's more traffic on the roads.

No comments: