Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Love Finds You in Snowball Arkansas

I'm reading this new novel by Sandra D. Bricker. It's published by Summerside Press, Inc. The book is available through Amazon. I'll post again about it when I've finished reading it. I've only just started. I finsihed Jerry B. Jenkin's Riven and started reading a fiction writing book. As you can tell by my reading list, I've read lots of books this year, fiction and books about writing fiction.

I had a phone call from my oldest son, Scotty, who left a message on my cell Monday. When I returned the call, he said he'd been stuck in traffic on his way to work and was thinking about me, so he phoned. This warmed my heart, since I often think of my mom and sister, as well as my four children, when I'm driving to work. I usually listen to an Alan Jackson tape, Precious Memories. My husband gave it to me for Christmas a few years ago, and it's a miracle I haven't worn it out. I also have one of the Startler Brothers. I love the Blackwood brothers, too.

Recently, I was blessed to visit Dollywood while the National Southern Gospel Harvest was in session, and I got to hear the Kingdom Heirs and watch their show. They are a wonderful group, and I love their new song, "Good News From the Graveyard". I want to order their CD. Maybe I'll get it for Christmas. You can put Kingdom Heirs in the search engine and find it! Sunflower got to visit Doggywood while we were at Dollywood, and we had pictures made of her with us. She's my golden Cocker Spaniel, my baby. We usually take her with us when we travel, and she's been to the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas, all up and down the East and West coast. You might say that she's a well-traveled dog, who travels better in the motor home than the car. She gets car sick in the car, but never does in the motor home. If you scroll way down, you'll see a picture of her looking at us out of the camper window, when we were in Spencer Cove in Tennesse.

I've completed one class through the Christian Writers Guild, and I'm trying to decide if I should take the next one, or work on the actual writing of my book, instead of completing more lessons. I've come a long way on it, and I'm anxious to complete it. I've been reading other books as a writer and learning, soaking up the writing books on fiction as well. I worked on one chapter of my WIP yesterday, revising and polishing it, after it was critiqued by a colleague in the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) group, of which I'm a member. I recently received word from Mustard Seed Ministries that another devotional was being used by them, the one I wrote about the Grand Canyon. It appeared at www.mustardseedministries.org between November 3 to November 9 and was placed in the archives along with others I've done for them.If you go to the site and click on devotionals, you'll see mine as the first archived one.

Have a blessed day!

Barb

No comments: