Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Honing my Craft

I’m author/educator Barbara Robinson. My training and experience as a writer include graduation from Long Ridge Writing Group’s Basics of Writing Short Stories and Articles for Publication and completion of the Apprentice Program with the Christian Writers Guild. I’ve tackled the Journeyman Level Program and have ten devotionals accepted for publication. Two are online at http://www.mustardseedministries.org/, seven will appear in Devotions, Standard Publishing Company in 2010, and one was published in Words to Write By Author Devotionals compiled by Robin Bayne. I’ve written two books, articles in local newspapers, books, online and print magazines, poems in newspapers and anthologies, won first prize for a short story, which was published in a literary magazine and appeared as a serial in my hometown newspaper, running on the front page with my picture for three weeks in a row, co-sponsored a creative-writing club ten years, sponsored one five years for middle-school students, and authored a column for my hometown newspaper. An article titled “Publishing on Demand? What’s to Gain?” will appear in Christian Fiction Online Magazine at http://christianfictiononlinemagazine.com/ in March.

This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: “Write it in a book all the words I have spoken to you.” Jeremiah 30:2, NIV.

My goal is to write the words God has spoken to me through threads and themes in novels and let God do the rest. I'll continue to be a life-long learner, reader, and writer, honing my craft and striving for excellence for God's glory.

I hope you'll keep abreast of my novel's development. It's turning into a full-length novel of approximately 350 pages, 39 chapters of thought-provoking romantic suspense, a page-turner with characters who'll leap off the page and come alive. It's nearly finished!

Barb

No comments: