Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Publishing on Demand? What's to Gain?

Check out the March 2009 edition of Christian Fiction Online if you're considering Publishing on Demand (POD) or self publishing your own book. My article Publishing on Demand? What's to Gain? features the views of Eva Marie Everson, recently published author of a new Southern novel, THINGS LEFT UNSPOKEN, publihsed by Revell, and Janet Perez Eckles, who published TRIALS OF TODAY, TREASURES FOR TOMORROW with Xulon. Click on the picture of the magazine or this link to take you to my article. http://christianfictiononlinemagazine.com/mar-09-biz_pod.html. I've read Everson's novel and if you scroll below, you'll find the picture of it with a book review I've posted. It's well worth reading. If you like Southern fiction, you won't want to miss this one. If you scroll down, you'll also find a review I've written of Trials of Today, Treasures for Tomorrow, a nonfiction book about how Mrs. Eckles overcame the loss of her sight and was gifted with pure insight. She has the ability to see more than most sighted people and continues to write inspirational stories with the help of special computer software. She is also able to critique my work with the same software. We have shared critiquing one another's work, and I've found her to be an inspring treasure herself. You will need to click on older posts and scroll and scan to find the book review, but the pictures of both books are still showing on this page. Mrs. Everson's review still shows as well, but it's been quite some time since I did the one for Mrs. Eckles, so it's in the older posts. Enjoy!

I greatly admire both of these wonderful, talented Christian authors and speakers. Mrs. Everson is my mentor with the Christian Writers Guild, and Mrs. Eckles is a dear friend I met through my critique group with American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW). I owe by blossoming talent to God, Mrs. Everson, Mrs. Eckles, and my ACFW critique group. I've completed the Apprentice Class and have only nine assignments to wrap up the Journeyman Level with the Christian Writers Guild. Long Ridge classes have also aided in honing my craft. I learned so much through hands-on, trial-and-error with the ACFW critique group that I highly recommend networking and joining a critique group if you're serious about honing your skills.

No comments: