Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Encouraging Email from a National Editor

I received an encouraging email from a national publisher who said she's overstocked, but asked to hold my article for possible publication. She said it's a lovely piece, and they don't get many about mechanics, but it may take up to a year, if she can fit it in. This article really means a lot to me, because it's written about my youngest son. She said she feels the men in the audience would relate to it as well as the women. With today's economy, her email was insipring, and she said I could still feel free to market it elsewhere, since few magazines consider them competition. I haven't actively marketed it though since a few earlier attempts. Since, I've graduated from the Christian Writer's Guild, I polished it. It is an article I wrote when I took my first class with the Guild, the Apprentice course. Since then, I've also completed the Journeyman Level, two Long Ridge courses, and a dialogue class. I'm always honing my skills. I prayed for God to open a door, and I received the email. It was much-needed inspiration. Now, I'm ready to write and looking forward to a writing weekend. I feel my writing has been validated. If my author wants it published, He'll open those doors, and it'll find a home. Thank God for placing the desire and passion to write in my heart. I love both reading and writing.

4 comments:

Stephen Pohl said...

Nice blog site, Barbara. Came from the LRWG, BIP newsletter link.
Steve P

georgebuzzbee said...

Barb,After reading what you said; I think you'll will go far. Keep up the good work. An encourage others and it will encourage you. If you ever go on facebook look me up. Your friend,
George Busby.

B. J. Robinson said...

Thanks, Steve. Glad you visited.
Barb

B. J. Robinson said...

Thanks, George. I'll look you up. I'm on FB.
Barb