Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Thanksgiving the Garbage Disposal ate the Eggs

My Thanksgiving nonfiction piece will be published on November 25 in the Community Section of "St. Cloud in the News". The editor emailed me about it. It's the story of my youngest son and his wife visiting when my husband had just installed a new garbage disposal. I'd never had one before, so I had to learn about it the hard way by losing my Thanksgiving dinner eggs I'd boiled for a potato salad. Talk about a good laugh and a joyful day, we had one. My son and his wife are visiting again in about a month. His wife, Becky, said she and my son, Rodney, were talking about the incident just the other day. She wants me to save them a copy and have it for them when they come. I'll be sure not to let the garbage disposal have the Christmas eggs, so Becky doesn't have to run to a store for more.

I wrote this piece while taking Long Ridge classes and Christian Writers' Guild classes. I see the need to pull out some of my old lessons and polish them. Also, I see how they can fuel the fire for new ideas.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to this year's Thanksgiving break, though I won't have any company for an egg incident. I will have a fried turkey though. My husband will do the honors.

Here's hoping all of my readers have a blessed, joyful, spirit-filled, happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: