Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Morning Devotionals

I not only read them -- I also write them. "Reunited" is at MustardSeed Ministries when you click on devotionals and look in the archives. It is my first publihsed devotional with them. I've had another one accepted, and it will be published with them soon. There is no pay with MustardSeed, but if my devotionals bring a bit of enjoyment or help to another, that's payment enough. If they further the Kingdom of God, that's the best payment of all.

A colleague read what I called a short article I'd written and told me it was beautiful and served as her morning devotional. She thinks it should be published as a devotional. I came across a piece of writing in my files the other day that could also serve as another devotional. My friend and colleague said maybe devotional writing is my niche. I do love to write them, and I also love to read them.

I've been reading devotionals long before I started writing them. I've bought little devotional books. I enjoy them so much. Morning devotionals are an alone time with God, a time for reading and reflecting, praise, worship, and thanks. What a way to start a day, asking God to bless it from the beginning.

I've always believed in prayer and begin my morning with prayer for all my loved ones who live so far away, for our United States, our country, our world, and I thank God, even for my pets.

I've gone over Chapters 15 and 16 of Hidden Treasures and made some revisions, but that's just a once over. I'm ready to begin chapter 17. I thank God this morning for His inspiration, words, direction, and guidance, and I ask Him to infuse me with His Holy Spirit as I write for Him.

May your day be blessed with all good things.

Barb

No comments: