Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Work-in-Progress

Hidden Treasures is coming along slowly. I completed Chapters 15 and 16 this morning, rough drafts. I've got to go back over Chapters 13 on and revise, before going back over the entire book again. Spent the morning writing and the evening cleaning. Can't wait to see my children and grandhchildren, so my mind is not really focusing on writing. I need some time away. I'll get it soon. Looking forward to a break.

Checked on Kristy this morning. She's keeping everyone else's spirits up, and her family's keeping hers up. Time slips away so quickly. It's so important to spend quality time with your family and friends while you can. Slow down and enjoy life. This reminds me that sometimes I need to slow myself down with my writing as well. I need to spend some quality time with my writing, too. When I write fast, I make mistakes I normally wouldn't make and can't believe I made them when I look back after the writing has cooled.

Cindy and Laura are great, helping me catch them, lending me two other pairs of eyes. Thanks guys. See their links below. Cindy writes great mysteries, and they're funny, too. Laura has an intriguing novel as her work-in-progress. I'm learning so much from working with these two wonderful ladies in my ACFW group.

Barb

No comments: