Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Believing in God by Beth Moore

Believing in God by Beth Moore

Beth Moore’s book effectively integrates scripture and life because it does not merely dump scripture and quotes from the Bible. Instead, it relates real-life experiences tied to scripture. For example, she explains how God enjoys seeing perseverance and proven faithfulness of daily devotion. She writes of how God directs us to keep walking around our own Jericho, repeating the same steps even when nothing seems to happen. We must keep walking and keep the faith. This scripture ties right into my writing life in that I must not give up, must keep walking through the writing journey, keep repeating those steps, and keep the faith, even when it seems like nothing is happening. Moore’s book was so effective I read through it while on a road trip to Tennessee, after I lost my youngest sister. I woke from a dream early the next morning, a dream of my sister phoning me from heaven. I feel the dream came from God, after I drew closer to Him, through the reading of the book, and He let me know my sister was well and happy, and He was taking care of her. The dream was so real and so vivid. I could hear my sister's voice saying, "I want to talk to Jane." My husband shook me and woke me up. I must have been talking in my sleep. I didn't get to finish the dream, since he woke me and wanted to go to Denny's for breakfast. It was going to be our first visit to Dollywood, and he couldn't sleep, or so he said, because he was excited. We went to breakfast and on to Dollywood, while I replayed the dream and the voice I'd heard over and over in my mind, like a tape recorder, answering machine, or voice mail message. I think my sister wanted me to know that I had to go on with my earthly life and she was living her heavenly life. She wanted me to remain a Christian.This dream happened four years ago, and I've grown closer to God and developed the relationship I already had with Him to a much closer walk. My prayer is that my children will learn to walk a closer walk with God.

No comments: