Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance

Amazon Best-selling Historical Romance
Escape to a romantic period where love endured, grew, and flourished despite a Civil War.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Journey on, Journal On

As we journey on with the new year, I reflect upon personal journaling of years past and how I've grown as a writer and a Christian. When I look back at writing from a decade ago, I wonder how I once thought it was such great writing. My voice comes through, and I see the messages loud and clear, but mistakes jump out at me like a I'm proofing someone else's writing. Sometimes, I ask myself, "Did I really write that?" A roller coaster emotional ride tilted my world topsy turvy until I began a closer walk with Jesus. I see how far I've come with writing, but more importantly, I see how far I've come in my walk with Jesus. He's lifted and carried me so many times through this journey we call life. I have a personal relationship with my best friend, Jesus, and I pray my children and grandchildren will develop such a relationship and discover who their true best friend really is.

It's back to work. The holidays are over. On we go with life, work, and being busy, but I'm never too busy to remember God and pray. My prayer for today is that my children and grandchildren will be blessed and learn the power of prayer early in life, that they come to develop a loving, personal relationship with their Savior, and learn to trust Him as the best friend in life that He truly is. Don't walk this hard road of life alone. Let Him support you, uplift you, and carry you through trials on earth. When you hit a roadblock, call on God. He's always listening. He's always there. In Jesus Christ's name, I pray. AMEN.

No comments: